I am thrilled to have arrived in Porto Alegre, Brazil! I have registered and checked in at the International Society for Music Education World Conference! The program for the conference is full of hundreds of workshops, presentations, and performances by people from around the world. I will be performing with Paul Scea (Director of Jazz Studies, West Virginia University) in our electroacoustic, experimental music ensemble, Space Genetics. We will perform as a part of the featured evening concert this Wednesday, and in our own concert this Thursday afternoon. We will also be presenting a poster session this Tuesday that focuses on the ways in which our ensemble has evolved, our approach to improvisation and composition, and the ways in which technology has shaped our approach to performing, creating, and teaching music. It is sure to be an inspiring week, and I look forward to reporting back along the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment